Had a successfull strategic planning session yesterday in Cedar Rapids for the PMI Eastern Iowa Chapter.
We revisited and simplified the Vision and Mission statements, identified core values, created a value proposition for the chapter, and developed four high level action plans. Below are the results of the Vision, Mission, and value proposition:
PMI EIC is a volunteer driven organization in the business of promoting the adoption, advancement, and success of project management in organizations. We are a focal point for transferring PM knowledge to our members and to anyone else interested in the practice of PM.
Vision: To be recognized as a dynamic organization serving the project professionals in the advancement of project management.
Mission: PMI EIC provides a forum for professional fellowship to promote the principles and practices of project management.
Our vision has 2 key components:
- Dynamic Organization
- Advancement of Project Management
Being a Dynamic Organization can mean many things. For PMI EIC, our focus is three-fold:
- Our chapter leadership is comprised of a diverse set of practicing project managers from different industries and with different organizational deliverables. This allows us to focus on solving varying professional and organizational challenges.
- We offer a variety of professional development opportunities through networking, project management fellowship, volunteerism, monthly meetings, immersive educational programs, and community outreach.
- We have fun. Our chapter programs often include unique experiences that not only help us learn about different businesses, but we celebrate their deliverables at the same time.
Advancement of Project Management as a profession is the objective of PMI, and as a Chapter, our mandate is to promote the discipline of Project Management in the Eastern Iowa area. This is being done by:
- being involved in Project Management Conferences/Symposiums
- promoting and supporting Project Management education/training
- sponsoring Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and recertification
- organizing a program of PM oriented meetings, events and presentations
- creating local student groups and other Chapters.
- Provide quality education and certification opportunities to advance project management competency.
- Foster the largest network of project management practitioners, stakeholders, consultants and educators in Eastern Iowa to strengthen the profession and its successful practice
- Advocate for the value of project management and the profession Numerous Networking Opportunities
- Access to New Skill Training and Courses
- Access to Scholarship Information
- Invitations to Monthly Chapter Dinner, Lunch, and Breakfast Meeting
- Ongoing Membership Support to Help You Achieve Your Membership Goals
- Professional Certification Support
- Professional Development Courses and Units
- New Friends and Colleagues!
- Access to National and Local Job Listings
We are planning to extend our collaboration with students and universities, creating special project management content and programs for the students. We are also looking to increase member interaction through a mentorship or coaching program.